In the finest traditions of ABOTA, this seminar is dedicated to educating trial attorneys at all levels in the art of trial advocacy. Focusing on the key elements of the trial with particular attention devoted to professionalism, courtroom techniques and those subtle nuances that distinguish the average litigator from the extraordinary trial lawyer, this creative fast paced program will build on your already proven abilities as a trial lawyer. Broader than the routine litigation seminar, this program will invigorate the way you approach and execute litigation.
An example of but a few of the Highlights and Headliners:
- Pat McGroder will present on the key elements of Pretrial Preparation, including Investigation, Selection of Experts, Focus Groups, and Disclosure Statements.
- Bill Jones will discuss the finer points of Theme Development.
- Opening Statements: Getting to the "Red Zone". Ted Schmidt teaches on how to tee up your case for that winning 4th quarter drive!
- Supervising Commissioner Nothwehr analyzes the New Probate Rules including Attorney's Fees.
- Do you know the differences between Balance Billing, MEWA, ERISA, FEHBA, Medicare, Medicare Advantage, Medicare Set-aside, TriCare, VA, Work Comp, AHCCCS, and Arizona government entity liens? Do you know which apply to UM/UIM? Do you know which kinds of health coverage liens forbid providers from balance billing? If you handle injury cases, you'd better. Who better to learn this stuff from than Richard S. Plattner?
- Learn Trial Strategies from Elliot Wolfe who takes the lessons learned from the basketball Court to the Courtroom.
- Much to be learned from the head on battle between "the most knowledgeable plaintiff's lawyer, David Gage, on the subject of UM/UIM recovery, squaring off against the most knowledgeable defense lawyer, Ben Thomas, on the subject of UM/UMI recovery.